ESP8266 Serial Wifi Wireless Transceiver Module is a self-contained SOC with integrated TCP/IP protocol stack that can give any microcontroller access to your WiFi network. ESP8266 Serial Wifi Wireless Transceiver Module is capable of either hosting an application or offloading all Wi-Fi networking functions from another application processor.
Each ESP8266 module comes pre-programmed with an AT command set firmware, meaning, you can simply hook this up to your Arduino device and get about as much WiFi-ability as a WiFi Shield offers (and that’s just out of the box)! The ESP8266 module is an extremely cost-effective board with a huge, and ever-growing, community.It is completely addressable over SPI and UART protocols allowing you to connect your sensors or project directly to it through its GPIO’s. ESP8266 is a low-cost Wi-Fi chip with full TCP/IP stack and MCU (Micro Controller Unit) capability.
- Compatible with ESP-12（ESP-202）
- WIFI @ 2.4 GHz, support for WPA / WPA2 security mode
- It is very easy to develop projects with AT commands
- Surface Mount Package with 2mm Pitch Pads
- Mulitple GPIO’s for all your sensor needs
- Wi-Fi Direct (P2P), soft-AP
- Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack
- Integrated TR switch, balun, LNA, power amplifier and matching network
- Integrated PLL, regulators, DCXO and power management units
- +19.5dBm output power
- Power down leakage current of <10uA
- Integrated low power 32-bit CPU could be used as an application processor
- SDIO 1.1/2.0, SPI, UART
- STBC, 1×1 MIMO, 2×1 MIMO
- A-MPDU & A-MSDU aggregation & 0.4ms guard interval
- Wake up and transmit packets in < 2ms
- Standby power consumption of < 1.0mW (DTIM3)
- Both SMD and Inline package are available, and the pin pitch is 2.0mm.